Looking for a highly rated turntable? Well look no further as below we have created a list of the best turntables 2018.These vinyl players will have you enjoying your favorite records just like the artiste intended.
Best Turntables 2018
1. Audio Technica AT-LP1240-USB Direct Drive DJ Turntable
In the number one spot on this review is the Audio Technia AT-LP1240 turntable. First off this is one of the best DJ turntable of 2018, and has repeatedly gotten huge reviews from owners. As it is mainly designed for use in nightclubs, touring and mobile applications. Hence it should come as no surprise that it will do an incredible job playing your records at home.
- It’s designed with 3 speeds
- Has a nice gloss black and silver design making it rather eye catching. And will certainly enhance your home entertainment settings.
- Also has a built in switchable phono preamp allowing you to easily connect your new turntable to almost any receiver or powered speakers.
- Furthermore it is designed with a USB output, so you can also connect your turntable to your computer.
- Good speed stability and the arm is easy to set up and use
- Very durable and long-lasting
- Base on research they weren’t any serious pullbacks when it comes to this turntable.
2. Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable (Silver) w/ Knox Carbon Fiber Brush & Additional AT95E Cartridge
For under 300 dollars you will be able to get the Audio Technia AT-LP120 turntable. Furthermore with your turntable you will also get an additional cartridge. Before we go any further in this review. I must highlight the fact that this turntable is designed with a high torque direct drive motor. This allows users to enjoy a quick start up.
- In addition it is designed with a USB output so you can connect your turntable to your computer.
- Also to ensure that you get a long and consistent high performance it also features a removable hinged dust cover.
- Furthermore it features an internal stereo phono pre-amplifier
- Also the needle is diamond and has been known to produce less wear and a better sound when playing vinyl compared to the sapphire needle.
- Best turntable for the money
- This turntable is designed for manual operation; hence users will have to move the tonearm when playing a record
3. Audio-Technica AT-LP3BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black
If you’re a beginner when it comes to vinyl well you certainly should consider buying this turntable. Not only is it budget friendly but it is also fully automatic. Meaning unlike the above two turntable that you would have to manually set up the tone arm. This Audio Technia is designed to do that for you. Furthermore it comes with two speeds.
- Its designed with a built in pre amplifier and also has switchable pre-amp modes
- Also its designed with a hydraulically dampen lift control and lockable rest tonearm.
- Furthermore it is built with anti-vibration damping materials; this has been proven to dramatically lessen the low frequency feedback.
- In addition it has an aluminum die cast platter making this one of the most durable turntable on the market.
- It’s designed with white buttons at the front; this will overtime get dirty and probably change color
- Also this turntable would have been even better had it been designed with a better conical stylus
4. Audio Technica AT-LP1240-USB Direct Drive DJ Turntable
Next on the list we have yet another audio tech turntable. This should come as no surprise as this turntable brand has been around for over 50 years. And have continually produced high quality turntables that are loved by both professionals and overall music lovers.
Before we go any further, I realize that most persons tend to be caught in a rut whether to buy an Audio Technica IP120 vs. the Ip1240.Will I must say while both are good turntables. The Lp1240 is a lot better as you will see by the below features.
- Its eye catching and is sure to add a sense of class to almost any home setting
- Very good torque and has a wide range of pitch control
- Also no static
- Furthermore this turntable is designed to withstand the test of time, as it is really durable.
- The stylus needle is not included in this package and you will have to purchase it separately.
Also Check Out These Top Rated Turntable For Under 100
5. Audio Technica AT-LP120BK-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable (USB & Analog), Black
Next we have the Audio Technica AT-Lp120BK turntable. Although not a favorite with some audiophiles, this turntable certainly punches a lot higher than its price range. Coming from a long range of Technica turntables the Lp120 has got to be one of the best Audio Technica turntables on the market. As it delivers good quality sound especially when connected to a high quality speaker. Furthermore it’s designed with its own built in pre-amp so you can connect it directly to your speakers and start enjoying.
- First off it has a good weight and feel of the switches as there is a large metal weight bolted inside the bottom of the chassis.
- Very durable and well designed
- Affordable price
- Good turntable for home use
- Hinge cover when open stays in that position until the user closes it.
- Easy to setup and use
- This turntable would have been even better if it was automatic. Has that would spare users some hassle and make it even easier to use.
6. Pro-Ject - Debut Carbon DC (Black)
Designed with a 8.6 inch carbon fiber tonearm.This Pro-Ject Debut turntable is able to produce high quality sound from practically any LP you may have in your collection. Furthermore it’s designed with a low noise motor and good decoupling that will only help to improve the performance of this turntable.
- One of the best turntable under 400 for 2018
- Also comes with a dust cover
- Easy to set up as it is labeled by many users as a plug and play turntable. This makes it prefect for vinyl lovers and beginners.
- As little to no vibration as it is designed with stable isolation feet.
- Nice built and good aesthetics
- The platter is a lot lighter than other models
- The anti-skate tether is made of what seems to be fishing line, which some customers have found to not give as good results as for instance a fine steel wire.
7. Audio-Technica AT-LP3WH Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, White
Next we have one of the best audiophile turntables of 2018.The AT-LP3 is a fully automatic belt driven turntable that cost surprisingly under 250 dollars. Furthermore it has a few features that you wouldn’t expect from an automatic turntable.
- It is designed with a hydraulically damped lift control. This will allow the stylus to comfortable maneuver on a record.
- Furthermore it has a built in switchable phono preamp, this makes it easy to connect it to your home stereo set up via the RCA output cable.
- Also it is designed with anti vibration materials.
- Very durable and well designed. Plus it has a decent weight and easy to understand buttons and switches.
- No clasp for the tone arm
8. Audio Technica AT-LP60NV-BT Automatic Bluetooth Turntable (Navy) w/ Samson BT3 Monitors & Knox Carbon Fiber Brush
It should come as little surprise that yet another turntable from the Audio Technica turntable brand is on the list. As over the years they have repeatedly produced high quality turntables for persons even on a tight budget. But what makes the AT-LP60NV-BT different is its wireless feature.
- This is arguable one of the best turntables with bluetooth.Has it allows users to easily connect their wireless speakers or receivers to turntable. Hence giving you the opportunity to listen the record anywhere in the house or in every room. Without having to worry about using yards of stereo wiring.
- Also it has a fully automatic belt drive
- Top rated record player and it is very durable. You will certainly get years of continuous use and enjoyment.
- Some customers have noticed that on certain records when they press the pause button the stylus will make contact with the record in certain spots.
9. Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver
If you have a budget of only a hundred dollars and you’re on the market for a record player to spice up your home. I recommend that you take a look at the AT-LP60, although it is cheaply priced this turntable is still able to produce beautiful music.
- First off it is a 2 speed turntable and also comes with fully automatic operations. This means you won’t have to worry about placing the stylus on the records. Also it will automatically return the tone arm after the record is finished.
- Furthermore it has built in preamplifier
- Also comes with a removable dust cover
- Overall this is a good turntable for beginners
- Seems to be very durable, as quite a few customers have complained about it occasionally slowing down and then speeding up when playing records. This seems to happen after it has been continually used for a few years.