Whether you are preparing to go camping,or preparing for a hurricane.Having a good generator is a must.But with so many options it can be time consuming to choose the right generator for your needs.Hence why we have created the below list of the best generator for 2018.These generators are highly rated and we have also included in this review some of the best portable generator of 2018.
Best Generator For 2018
1.Honda EU2000I Super Quiet 2000 Watt Portable Generator with Inverter
Certainly one of the best portable generator of 2018.The Honda EU2000i priced at under 1000 dollars will be money well spent. Has it is able to comfortable power numerous appliances. For instance your television, satellite, fridge and so much more. And at only 46 pounds it is also very light weight. Making it one of the top rated generators for camping.
- This generator is designed using a revolutionary Eco Throttle system by Honda.That makes it very fuel efficiency, in fact this generator can operate for up to 8 hours on a single tank of gas, depending on the demands
- One of the best portable inverter generator of 2018
- Also this generator is able to run up to 1600 watts continuously.
- Furthermore it comes with a 3 year warranty from Honda.
- Also it has gotten rave reviews from users for being very quiet.
- Would have been even better had if it was designed with a hour meter, and a fuel shut off.
2. Champion Power Equipment 46596 3500 Watt RV Ready Portable Generator
Next we have one of the top generators of 2018.This Champion brand generator is designed to run a whopping 3500 watts for up to 12 hours continuously on one full tank of gas. This fuel efficiency will certainly come in handy if you ever happen to be experience a hurricane.
- This generator is designed with high quality engine that allows it to start up quickly even in cold weather.
- At under 600 dollars this is certainly a good generator for the money
- Also it is designed with a 30A RV outlet and packs enough power to not only start but also run a RV air conditioner of up to 15,000 BTU.Overall this is a good generator to run a small RV.
- Another standout feature is it’s built in surge protector. This helps to ensure that your appliances are protected from any sudden increase in voltage.
- Very durable as it is made with a solid steel frame.
- Also in case the battery goes dead, it can be started manually using the pull cord starter.
- It is very loud, and has the same decibel ratings as a lawnmower. And I would consider it too loud for camping use.
3. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant
Next on the list we have the WEN 56200i.This generator has been rated by many as the best quiet portable generator of 2018.As the little noise it makes can be compared to that of a regular conversation. This comparison is based on research conducted by the US department of Health and Human Services.
- This is a good portable generator for camping, construction sites or home use.
- Quiet enough that it won’t disturb your neighbors.
- Also it produces clean power that is safe enough to operate your televisions and computers without damaging them. This is possible because this generator is designed to limit the amount of harmonic distortion. Making it safe to operate vulnerable electronics.
- Furthermore it is designed with a carrying handle and is very lightweight. As it weighs only 48 pounds.
- While the Eco mode is a good touch, it is only for loads under 1000 watts.
4. WEN 56877, 7000 Running Watts/9000 Starting Watts, Gas Powered Portable Generator
Designed with a spark arrestor that is required to use this generator in all national parks and forests. Furthermore the muffler is designed to limit noise invasiveness. It has been rated as a good portable generator for home use. As customers have boasted about using it to power a fridge, deep freezer, Tv, DVD player, 8 fans, and numerous lights plus occasional charging of cell phones.
- Good on gas usage,plus it also has a gas gauge located at the top of the generator. This makes it easy for users to monitor the gas level.
- Also it is easy to assemble and has well designed pull handles.
- At this price it definitely a bargain.
- Furthermore to ensure that you get numerous years of top level service from your new generator. It is designed with a digital read out of the hours to help you schedule maintenance.
- It is heavy and also rather loud
5. Duromax XP4850EH 3850 Running Watts/4850 Starting Watts Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
Designed with the latest DuroMa fuel technology, this generator is able to last twice as long as most generators. As it can now ran on propane from your main line or barbeque tank.But while there are numerous benefits of a propane generator, this product is also designed to be operated on gas if necessary.
- One of the main reason persons like using propane generators other than for its longevity is the fact that they tend to start up quickly with no hassle.
- Also it is relatively quiet for a generator, as it as a decibel reading of 69.
- This generator will arrive mostly assembled; you will only need to set up the wheel kit and handles.
- Top rated duel fuel generator
- The air breather is cheaply made from foam rubber; the foam breaks down in tiny pieces. And eventually may get into the carb.
6. Honda 7000W Super Quiet Light Weight Inverter 120/240v Fuel Efficient Generator with iMonitor LCD
Next on the list we have the Honda 7000W generator this generator has been rated by many users as one the quietest generator of 2018.And what also makes it standout amongst the others is the fact that it is able to deliver 7000 watts of power. I should also state that this is a top of the line fuel injection generator.
- This generator is designed to give maximum hours of usage of your fuel. In fact the creators of this generator boast that you will be able to get up 18 hours of power from only a ¼ tank. Making this one of the more fuel efficient generators on the market.
- Also it is designed with a push button electric starter. Although it does also come with a pull cord backup in case the battery dies.
- Has stated above this generator is really quiet and doesn’t have that annoying vibration like some of the other generators.
- Furthermore it is designed with 2 reasonable sized wheels and foldable handles. That makes it easy to move from one location to another if desired.
- After a thoroughly researching, I did notice that a customer noted having problems with the starter.But sent it back for repairs.
7. Champion Power Equipment 75537i 3100 Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Wireless Remote Start
This portable generator is designed for campers and is also one of the best generators for RV use in 2018.At the time of writing this article it cost just over a $1000 making it one of the more affordable generators.There are numerous features that standout when it comes to this generator has it is designed by one of the top generator brands Champion.Below I have listed I few features you will like.
- First off it has a decibel reading of 58 making it very quiet and good generator for tailgating.Also it can be used in most living situations as unlike some of the other generators it won’t disturb your neighbours.
- Also Champion offers a limited 3 year warranty with your purchase.
- Furthermore it is designed with a unique electric start with 3 position ignition switch.Plus it also has a wireless remote start feature.Imagine starting your generator from as far as 80 feet away.Yes,with the wireless remote you now have that ability.
- The choke button falls off sometimes after a year or 2 of usage. But you can always contact champion customer care for a replacement or advice.
8. Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 PowerSmart Series Portable 2200-Watt Inverter Generator with Parallel Capability
If you’re looking for a generator that packs power and at the same time is safe enough to be used on laptops, TV’s and other devices. Well look no further than the Briggs Stratton 30651.Not only does this generator produce 1700 running watts. But it also produces less than 3 percent of harmonic distortion. Further at this price it is certainly one of the best generators for the money.
- Good portable generator for camping, tailgating and DIY projects. As it has a compact design and overall easy to transport. Via its H-handle design making it easy to hold and carry.
- Also comes with 24 month limited consumer warranty.
- Furthermore the inverter is powered by a 4 stroke engine.
- Although it isn’t designed with an electric starter, the pull start on this generator is loved by users. As all it takes is one pull and you’re ready to go. Furthermore an electric starter also adds extra weight to the generator, because of the battery it uses.
- It isn’t has quiet as a Honda generator.
- Also some customers have complained about it not being powerful enough to run a RV AC.
Also Check Out Best Pole Saw Review